- This is the "Baby Brother" mini size manual belt driven drum carder.
- 4-inch wide drum and 7-inch diameter.
- Batts are 5 inches x 22 inches.
- It has a 5:1 ratio.
- Produces very thick batts with extra long 5/8 inch long teeth which are made of a hardened and highly tempered steel wire that is remarkable for its longevity and uniformity and they come only in this one type of cloth. This carder's cloth is roving fillet and has been specifically designed for "art batts". The longer teeth, in 72 TPI, and with the special tooth pattern is best suited and specifically designed to allow the user to experience maximum versatility. The special fabrication and design of the cloth makes it ideal for handling a spectrum of materials; normal fleeces, and not so normal fun additives; feathers, bits of cloth, etc. On top of that, the makeup of the tooth itself is best suited for the process of evenly blending, and uniformly removing. In addition, the more narrow width makes a fun, manageable size that is ready to spin. It has copper bushings for longevity of the carder.
- Same design as our standard carder but smaller.
- Excellent for roving.
- It is very light, it weighs just under 7 pounds and the frame is 18" inches long, height is 9" tall and 8" wide minus the handle which adds 4".
- Built from unfinished hemlock wood. A finish may be easily added.
- Very easy and convenient to carry around.
- Fully adjustable.
- Comes completely assembled.
- Includes instructions.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty as with all our carders.
- Hand made in USA.
Please note the accessory pack containing Brush attachment, clamps and doffer are sold separately.
The separate accessory kit contains Brush attachment, clamp, doffer, small cleaning flicker and regular size flicker.
Brother Standard "Baby" Drum Carder