Please contact us to order in January 2021.
Small but Mighty. Named after David and Goliath, David is a compact 8 harness loom loaded with functionality. The David, a unique sinking 2-inch (5cm) shed jack loom, has become a very popular alternative as an entry level floor loom. David is a compact eight harness loom that looks modest, but with tremendous functionality, it surpasses many large floor looms. Smooth and light-weight treadles due to a cam system give the David treadles a mechanical advantage. Weaving on this loom gives you a real appreciation for the word balance.
Like a counter balance or a jack loom, it has a singular tie-up. All harnesses that are not pulled down by a treadle are lifted by an ingenious spring system. The spring system also results in easy treadling: once the treadle is pushed down, the weight of your leg is sufficient to keep the shed open.
Available sizes, each equipped with 8 harnesses and 800 heddles:
- David 70: 27.5″ (70 cm) weaving width
- David 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width
- 5 inch shed
- The sliding beater offers a shuttle race
- The sliding beater has the advantages of a standing beater. It has a shuttle race, it is adjustable in height and it stays back, close to the shafts to get the optimal shed. At both sides the beater is guided with special bearings along a stainless steel rod. By adjusting the position of the rods you can adjust the height of the beater.
- Made of lacquered beech
- Castle section comes pre-assembled
Loom Package includes:
- 800 Texsolv heddles (280 mm)
- a stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric)
- tie-up and lease sticks
- sixteen warp sticks
- a built-in raddle
- The friction brake for the warp beam comes standard with the loom.
David 70: 34 1/4” x 33 1/2” x 50” (87 x 85 x 127 cm)
David 90: 42” x 33 1/2” x 50” (107 x 85 x 127 cm)
David 70: 66 lb (30 kg)
David 90: 77 lb (35 kg)
Louët David Floor Loom (2 widths available)
We understand that many of our customers already own a weaving loom, and when considering the purchase of a new loom have concerns about what to do with their current loom. We do offer part exchange for customers when purchasing a new loom which is subject to a fair market valuation, review of condition and desirability of your existing loom. Please contact us to discuss part exchange options.
At Wonky Weaver, we believe in building long lasting relationships with our customers, and will provide help, guidance and support all the way. For purchases of new looms, we offer some discretionary discounts on accessories, kits, and yarns to get your weaving projects underway as quickly as possible. (please note these are subject to availability).